fd.o HIG

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 26 21:10:24 EEST 2004

Hi

> I think that standardizing parts of the
> user-interface is very important
> - at least file-management (the file-chooser) should
> look and behave
> similar everywhere. But that won't work without a
> common VFS-layer in
> the back-end - not only integrating KDE and GNOME
> applications - but
> also OpenOffice.org.

well the vfs layer can definitely be standardised
between kde(kio),gnome(gnome-vfs),xfce,rox,gnustep and
others but thats something that developers involved in
the project should discuss.Its definitely not within
the scope of someone trying to write a set of design
guidelines.

regards
Rahul Sundaram