KWIG Qt->Gtk porting layer and merging main loops.

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 29 02:03:46 EEST 2004

Hi

> I wonder if QtGtk could be used the other way round
> - to use glib-based

infrastructure like GNOME-VFS from KDE ;-)

> This makes more sense to me, because using
> kde-libraries as common
> infrastructure would require all desktop
> applications to be GPLed
> (linking to Qt).

this is something only proprietary software developers
should be concerned about. lets not bring about
licensing wars in technical discussion lists

Wouldnt it better to migration both qt and gtk to a
common framework like libevent?. That is likely to
recieve better attention than pushing for gtk stuff in
qt or viceversa

regards
Rahul Sundaram