Icon-mime type associations

Ryan Gammon rgammon at real.com
Fri Sep 17 01:39:51 EEST 2004

Thomas Leonard wrote:

>This does seem to be a problem. The ideal solution would be to install an
>icon as hicolor/HelixPlayer/mime-audio:foo.png. This won't conflict with
>anything. If several applications install foo icons, any one of them might
>get used (which isn't too bad), but themes can still override them.

I like this idea. Does this work with the current specs as written?

>However, I don't see how the installer can easily get the new HelixPlayer
>directory listed in hicolor's index.theme. Is there an accepted mechanism
>for doing this?

What do people think of apps trying to maintain the index.theme
themselves as they add or remove directories from hicolor? Not ideal
(index.theme may get out of sync with hicolor as apps get
installed/uninstalled), but possible.

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon at real.com