Desktop Notifications Spec 0.3

Lars Hallberg spam at micropp.se
Wed Sep 22 16:38:16 EEST 2004

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> Actually, this makes a really good point. Let's say that we don't have this
>broken state of Linux audio, and I want to play a game, without being
>disturbed by any other sounds. With KNotify, that'd be simple. What would one
>do with your spec, given that turning off the speakers would kinda ruin the
>game, and turning off sound notifications in all apps would be a nightmare?

Not only games, depending of the work I have att hand, I might want to
supress all but critical notifications, and that shuld (att least
optional) supress sound notification! Such featurs might be
implementation dependent, but the spec shuld preferable not make it
imposable.

This is actuly a kind of an accesability question. For some attension
disorder, distraktion is hell!

I realy love the implementation giving me a applet shoving I have 12
supressed notification that I can check when I'm done with my 'do not
disturb' jobb!

/LaH