Desktop Notifications Spec 0.3

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Wed Sep 22 17:01:15 EEST 2004

> Not only games, depending of the work I have att hand, I might want to
> supress all but critical notifications, and that shuld (att least
> optional) supress sound notification! Such featurs might be
> implementation dependent, but the spec shuld preferable not make it
> imposable.

This is a more generic question - there are other things outside of
notifications that might disturb you when you don't want it.

Some kind of system for telling applications they shouldn't do something
possibly disturbing like playing a sound, popping up a dialog box,
attempting to grab focus etc would probably be useful to have. The
notification server could then implement that as well.