mime-type icons, a proposal

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Sep 30 05:45:45 EEST 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 21:29, Rodney Dawes wrote:
<SNIP>

> I'm sure the artists will love it when we can give
> them a standard definition of icon names and such. Maybe myself, you,
> and others can get together at the Gnome Summit and hash this out
> better? I really want to get the icon name standardizing done this
> cycle.

I'm working on such a proposal. It doesn't touch anything mime related, but
focuses on standardizing (the other) icon names, and disentangling aspects
that follows with it -- I bet it's a larger can of worms than this mime
story.

I will probably be able to initiate discussion and propose a draft within a
week. I'm aware of the icon list you previously sent to this list.

FWIW, I like the general direction of Alexander's proposal. I also think it
solves problems Allan S. Jensen outlined in previous threads.

Cheers,

		Frans

KDE Developer