Icon-mime type associations

luka frelih luka at ljudmila.org
Thu Sep 30 14:25:13 EEST 2004

> Well, we want them to conflict, in the sense that we want one icon to
> be
> used and the other to be ignored. But, we don't want packaging
> conflicts
> where they both try to install different files in the same place.

can't we then just say something along the lines of:

If an application installer wants to install mime-type icons for types
the application supports,
it MUST install them into the hicolor theme with the name
mimetypes/mime-text-foobar, and it
MUST NOT do so, if an icon with this name already exists, for instance
when the distribution
or another application installed earlier is already providing it.

LF