An analysis about a generic desktop application configuration management system

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Tue Apr 12 00:48:11 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 22:12 +0100, Richard Moore wrote:

> >       * Glib and GObjects (chosen because it eases the creation of
> >         interoperable libraries)
>
> Over my dead body.

Are you suggesting that the people who are planning to make this project
happen should kill you first? :-)

I don't think those people are in need of your approval. So I'm sorry to
tell you that those people (including me) aren't going to wait for your
dead body nor your approval to use Glib.

I fear I'll have to suggest to you to keep the discussions on this list
polite and professional. Whats next? Sentences like "Bring it on!" ?

> >       * GLib bindings for D-BUS
>
> See above.

Indeed. See above.

ps. I hope people are not going to start a flame-thread after this.
Please keep things "professional" and write your thoughts and idea's on
the wiki. (On slashdot they would reply: don't feed the troll)

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at pvanhoof dot be