Test suite for the shared-mime-info database

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 18:09:29 EEST 2005

About a year ago I wrote a test program that reads a fd.org mime info
XML database file and tries to find ambiguities; it can list all
combinations of mimetypes for which ambiguous files can exist, and can
generate example byte sequences as desired:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2004-May/004022.html

However it never made it into CVS, and the URI mentioned in that email
is now dead.

So I've uploaded the tarball here:
http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/mimebreaker/

What do I need to do to get this into CVS?  I don't have a freedesktop
CVS account yet.

(I should probably repeat my disclaimer at this point that the code is
an ugly mess of C++, C, the STL and glib, but hey, it seems to work; it
even compiles under GCC4)

Dave