session types (was: Help Me!!!)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Dec 4 20:49:24 EET 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:34:26AM -0800, srinivasa bp wrote:
> I want my desktop's name to appear in the colum where we select the
> session " KDE GNOME XFCE failsafe terminal" can anyone tell me what
> changes i need to do !!!

first of all, get your fingers off of the exclamation mark and learn
getting to the point quickly, including providing a *useful* subject.
you're lucky i've read that far this time.

gdm and kdm share a common spec for defining session types; it's
explained in http://developer.kde.org/~ossi/files/kdm/README
other display managers (ergs, actually it's desktop managers, but this
term is increasingly used for desktop environments ...) have their own
means of defining session types.