Conclusions and a compact list of requirements for deconf-spec

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sat Dec 10 17:08:40 EET 2005

On Sat Dec 10 14:31:06 2005, Christian Neumair wrote:
> You restrict the key path characters to a subset of ASCII, but say
> that
> the basenames of keys may consist of "All characters with exception
> of
> the slash and the space". The technical limitations of characters
> should
> be considered also, i.e. either impose ASCII, or UTF-8-encoding.

I've not had a chance to read through the spec just yet, but really,
impose pure ASCII.

On the rare times that these key names are visible to humans, the
last things you want to worry about are Unicode normalization and
language tagging. ASCII doesn't have these concerns, and while it
limits the names that can be given to keys, I don't think it's much
less of a problem.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"