Icon Naming Spec: "go-*" icons

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:38:55 EET 2005

On 12/11/05, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:
> The reason for this is that there need to be SIX icons here.  I attach a
> screen shot of a portion of my Toolbar on KPDF.
>
> In KDE, these six icons are called (LTR):
>
> ----------------
> start
> back
> forward
> finish
> ----------------
> previous
> next

I've never seen kpdf in action, and was wondering what's the
difference between "forward" and "next".  They might have a use in
streaming media, but that has the media-* icons already.

Also, the (newer) screenshots at kpdf web site had only two buttons,
are there other places where this distinction is needed or is the
toolbar just customized to have two?

Furthermode, I don't see what's the use case for having separate
"forward" and "next" at all (at least in paged media)?

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi