Common xpdf version for GNOME and KDE

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Mon Feb 14 21:34:23 EET 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 17:49 +0100, Tobias Koenig wrote:
>On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 03:22:35AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:36:23AM -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Email the following to sitewranglers at lists.freedesktop.org:
>> 	* project name
>Hmm, I guess that's the most difficult task :)
>commonxpdf?

Not that it matters to me, but I was going to recommend something either
cool and crazy like Poppler [1] or do the usual magnetic poetry thing
with the words "lib" "free" "desktop" "fdo" "pdf".

>> 	* short project description
>Could a native speaker give a short summary here?

A common pdf rendering library for integrating pdf viewing into a
desktop.

The ${PROJECT_NAME} is a fork from the original xpdf[*] project to give
a common Desktop PDF rendering framework using current freedesktop
technologies from Xorg, Cairo, and D-BUS.

How does that sound for a start?

Cheers,
~ Bryan

[*] link to original xpdf [ http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ ]