Integrating IM applications - OFI

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Tue Jan 18 14:58:59 EET 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:09:22AM +0100, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Lundi 17 Janvier 2005 21:02, Robert Wittams a écrit :
>
> > The applications inform the daemon *when the status
> > changes*. The daemon *does not query*.
>
> I don't think this is  good idea.
> That will increase considerably the number of (unneeded) dbus call.

Uhm, why ? You need applications to inform other applications the status
changes some way anyway right ?

For me having one deamon collection all the info and giving it out as the
current status makes more sense then having every applications trying to judge
the current status of things on his own.

  Sjoerd
--
The Poems, all three hundred of them, may be summed up in one of their phrases:
"Let our thoughts be correct".