pkg-config2

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Sun Jan 23 01:49:40 EET 2005

Greetings,

Pkg-conf is one of the most promising tools that I have seen in a while.  It
makes a great attempt at solving interdependencies of development packages.
The only gripes I have had with it so far have been its lack of formal
documentation, and the current implementation seems to lack real development
effort behind it.

Zack Rusin and I have built a completely testdriven version in C++ and have
started on using those tests to build formal documentation of the format.  We
have also started to build an API so that applications such at kde-config and
other binary *-conf utilities can reuse pkg-conf metadata, dependencies and
features without having to re-invent the wheel every time.

Currently Release 1 (xnoybis)	is on our server.
http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/pkgconf-2/pkgconfig-0.1.0.tar.bz2
http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/pkgconf-2/README

Interested parties should kick it around and suggest patches.  We are still
working on Win32 support.  It build right now with mingw32, but the paths are
still not correct.  This is alpha and should be updated later this week.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
========+<KWeather for KDE 3.2>+=+<http://www.kde.org>+===
 Report for Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia Airport