pkg-config2

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Jan 23 09:40:48 EET 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:49 am, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Currently Release 1 (xnoybis)   is on our server.
> http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/pkgconf-2/pkgconfig-0.1.0.tar.bz2
> http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/pkgconf-2/README
>
> Interested parties should kick it around and suggest patches.
Interesting. It would really help with qconf
(http://delta.affinix.com/qconf/), where currently using pkgconfig requires
ugly system() calls and parsing of stdout.

1. It compiled for me, but the API documentation doesn't build cleanly - I'm
getting warnings of the form:
/home/bradh/coding/pkgconfig-0.1.0/src/lib/package_c.h:34: Warning: unable to
resolve reference to `Package::version' for \ref command

[I guess you know that you don't need the \ref in Doxygen]

2. It isn't clear what the library API will be. Looks like there are C and C++
versions, but the C API docs are completely opaque, so I'm not sure.

2A. As an example of my confusion, why is CmdLineOptions in the PkgConf
namespace? Why is cmdlineoptions.[cpp, h] in the src/lib directory, rather
than in src/app?

2B. For C++, am I just meant to use PkgConf::Package? Can you explain the
classes a bit?

3. Some of that unittest code looks familiar...