Newbie Question about a Configuration System

Carlos Garnacho carlosg at gnome.org
Wed Jan 26 01:56:02 EET 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 17:58 +0100, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm total new on freedesktop.org, and I've subscribed this list for
> interest.
> I'm asking this question because I didn't find anything on the homepage:
>
> Are there plans for creating a unique configuration system for
> LinuxDesktops? Like Yast, but better?

Right now the Gnome System Tools backends are proposed, which are pretty
standard regardless of having the Gnome name in it :). They're a set of
scripts which return XMLs with the distro configuration, they allow to
create any frontend on top of this (Like the current GST frontends for
Gnome or Knetworkconf for KDE) and already support a quite wide number
of distros.

	Regards