Unified autostart scripts directory

seventh guardian seventhguardian_ at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:34:15 EEST 2005

Ok, we could make a framework spec that in the future could support all of
those improvements, but for now it may only allow autostarting.. Do you all
agree?

I like the idea of extending the support for other events, like shutdown or
media pluging, or even keypresses (is this already spec'd?), but first of
all it should be something structured, and not just a bunch of loose ideas.
It should be a generic and modular system, where someone (read some DM)
could add their own events and have them supported as well.

As I said, I used kde for some time, and I like the way it handles these
things, and also gvm is something we should look at. So we are all to gain
with everybody's experience, and I hope they join the effort.

We already have some oppinions from the kde side, it would be nice if
someone from other DM's could throw in other ideas.. After all, it should be
something we all agree with. Also, if someone "inside" could post how these
things are implemented already in the various DM's, it would be nice.

If it was a votting, I would definitelly vote for a generic event
configuration system. Waiting for oppinions and info..