DConf meeting

Patrick Patterson ppatters at nit.ca
Wed Jul 20 01:39:24 EEST 2005

Funny that you should mention this - how many of the interested DConf people
are at DesktopCon/OLS at the moment? Simon Law and I just did a presentation
on DConf here at DesktopCon, and some of the goals, aspirations, and ideas on
why UniConf addresses a number of the concerns that people have concerning
DConf.

We're going to be at the DesktopCon closing party tonight (and probably later
on at the OLS opening party), and Simon is here all week if anyone missed the
talk, and wanted to find out more. On the subject of Philip's planned
meeting, perhaps, if enough interested people are around, we can do a
combined face to face/online meeting?

Simon will be posting the paper on which we based our talk shortly to
http://open.nit.ca - I believe he'll post here once he's done that.

Cheers.

Pat.

--