MenuSpec: deprecate <Deleted/> tag

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 17:16:05 EEST 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 20:16, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose to deprecate the <Deleted/>/<NotDeleted/> tags. They were
> intended to allow menu-editing. But there are also the NoDisplay and Hidden
> Tags in the .directory of a menu. This can cause confusing and bugs when
> writing a menu editor. Those i vote for keeping only the tags in the
> .directory files.

I am not convinced about that. It will typically mean that in order to delete
a sub-menu, you will need to create a .directory file for that sub-menu while
at the moment it is a matter of adding a line to the menu file. This change
will not have any meaningful impact in the near future anyway because even
though they are deprecated, implementations will still need to process the
<Deleted/>/<NotDeleted/> tags correctly.

Cheers,
Waldo