File dialog bookmarks

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:22:26 EEST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 22:49 +0200, Claes at work wrote:
> Hello
>
> I think It would be good if file dialogs in different applications
> could share their bookmarks.

It would be good for sure. :-)

> What do you think?

There already is a draft for this effort:

	http://devel.emmanuelebassi.net/papers/bookmark-spec.html

I'm currently reviewing it for some rough edges, and any help is much
appreciated (I'm lacking proper at least for this month).

You should also read these threads:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2005-May/006862.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2005-May/006903.html

On the Gnome side, I'm currently working on the integration of the
Recently Used Resources inside Gtk; bookmarks to recently used resources
would use this spec for storing URIs and their metadata:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-June/msg00002.html

I've already written a parser using GLib and libxml2, and you can find
it here:

http://devel.emmanuelebassi.net/software/desktopbookmarks/

Regards,
 Emmanuele.