A common VFS and a Common conf-system [Part II]

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Wed Mar 2 02:22:46 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 19:32 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:48 -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>

>> == Polling API ==
>>
>> That said, the daemon itself should be an implementation detail of the
>> library.  Users of the library should not be forced to even consider
>> whether there's a daemon doing the real work or not; all they should
>> think about is their app.
>
>In that case it's important that this API will inform the application in
>it's mainloop about "changes".

I was going to go over this and forgot.  Thanks.  ^_^

The app should be able to register to "please notify me of events on URI
foo."  If the backend supports it then it'll work.  Otherwise, it'll
either give a not-supported error, or the VFS daemon (if its in use)
could fall back to periodic polling.