Problems with xorg-x11

Erik Jakobsen oz4kk at c.dk
Wed Mar 2 19:44:40 EET 2005

Jeremy C. Reed skrev:
>On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
>

>>checking for X... no
>>configure: error: X Window System not found
>>[root at mail icewm-1.2.20]#
>>

>>>I am guessing you don't have the development headers (and maybe libraries)
>>>installed.
>>>

>>I just installed the xorg-x11 package. What is the name of the lacking
>>packages ?.
>>

>>>In the meanwhile, use twm as your window manager. It is provided with
>>>xorg. (But you need to install the correct package.)
>>>
>>Ok good, but how can I define the correct package ?.
>>

>Look at your available packages. Look for something with "twm" or
>xorg-clients" or similar as the package name.
>

>>>Have a look at your available Fedora packages and install more xorg
>>>packages. This will also fix the warning about your missing fonts.
>>>
>>I will, as the Fedora is not completely installed here, as its main
>>intention is to
>>run as a server. I have not been on the Fedora site to search. Can you
>>tell me what I need there ?.
>>

>Sorry. You need to look at your available packages where you installed
>xorg-server and look for your other "xorg" packages. Look for something
>like "xorg-devel" and "xorg-clients".
>

>>>(This list is probably the wrong list.)
>>>

>>I was not quite sure about it. Thanks for not cutting my head off.
>>
>>What is the right list then ?.
>>

>I don't know of a beginners mailing list for xorg.
>
>But the fedora community has mailing lists. And also look for a mailing
>list for a local or nearby Linux (or Unix) users group. (That could be a
>great resource for you.)
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
>
> 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
>	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/

Hi Jeremy.

I will read and comment your message here.

But first I will uninstall Fvwm2. I have been into the directory, where
I installed it, and have executed a make uninstall, but ha dno luck. Can you
help me to get Fvwm2 uninstalled ?.
# make uninstall
make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.

Erik