Changing Displays in Twinview

J. Erik Heinz jheinz at much-magic.wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Mar 3 17:47:01 EET 2005

Hi everybody,

I am not sure if i am in the right Mailing list, but I hope someone
can help me. I've got a dualhead graphiccard with two monitors. Each
Monitor has it's own Desktop (Twinview = Off), so you can have
multiple Desktops on each monitor. To work on a Desktop I have to move
the mouse to the specific Monitor (and so the Desktop).

Now I want to do this as well with a Keyboard-shortcut. So I have to
write a script (which will be related to a shortcut and) which set the
focus on the specific Monitor.

I figured out that each Monitor has his own $DISPLAY: :0.0 and :0.1,
but I don't know how I can change the focus within a script.
Anybody an idea or hint?

I use enlightenment as WM. there is a tool called `eesh' which can
interact with the WM, but unfortunatly there is no feature to change
the displays, just the desktop. But I think i can use it to set the
focus in combination with $DISPLAY - I just have no glue how - but
there must be a possibility...

Some info about my System:
OS:	FreeBSD 5.3-BETA4 #0:
X:	X Window System Version 6.8.1
	Release Date: 17 September 2004
	X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.1
	Build Operating System: FreeBSD 5.3 i386 [ELF]
WM: Enlightenment Version 0.16.7.2
	Zuletzt aktualisiert am: $Date: 2004/12/14 22:00:25 $
xorg.conf (Just the interessting parts in my eyes):

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DefaultServerLayout"  "DualLayout"
    Option  "Xinerama"  "off"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier      "DualLayout"
    Screen          0  "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen          1  "Screen1" RightOF "Screen0"
    InputDevice     "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice     "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "nvidia"