Menu addition.

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Fri Mar 11 01:22:47 EET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 18:22 -0500, Seth Nickell wrote:
> This is far too obscure to be a reasonable top level menu item (I say
> this as an amateur myself).
>

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:43:01 -0800, George Farris <farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm doing some packaging for Ubuntu and have been packaging a number of
> > Ham Radio applications.  There currently isn't a good place to put these
> > in the GNOME menu system. I would like to propose the addition of a top
> > level Freedesktop.org menu under Applications called "Amateur Radio".
> > In the long standing tradition of Linux supporting Ham Radio this would
> > be great.

Far too obscure?  What exactly is obscure about it.  At any rate where
do freedesktop suggest these apps show up?  They don't fit anything at
the moment and no "Other" just doesn't do it, I'm afraid.

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College

As with the rail barons of the past:
There is no reason why the computer industry should have to put up
with 'private standards' any longer. The word 'incompatible' is a
dirty word. It's time to run those who insist on using it out of the
business.