[PROPOSAL] Desktop Bookmarks

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:53:09 EEST 2005

On 5/10/05, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:37:29PM +0200, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> > (I'm very open minded about the file format, but I want it to be
> > extremely simple: XML namespaces for each foreign tag is not my idea
> > of "simple").
>
>   simple does not mean useful. complex does not mean useless. XBEL at
> least is know to be useful now.

I'm still not yet convinced on the opportunity to use XBEL for the
task, but - as I said - I'm still open minded for the storage format
of the bookmarks.

But, supposing that an XBEL-compliant format would be chosen, FD.O
would be required to create a XML namespace for the desktop bookmarks.

I'll investigate more on the XBEL solution.

Kind regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
It is against the grain of modern education to teach children to program.
What fun is there in making plans, acquiring discipline in organizing