Idea: Cross-desktop notification daemon

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Tue May 17 01:10:51 EEST 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:22:38PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:26:15 +0200, Simon Ulsnes wrote:
> > I'm developing a system using D-BUS, currently implemented in Mono,
> > that will ideally be able to show little popup-notifications (for
> > instance, someone logged on to IM, disk space is running low, updates
> > are available, etc.).
>
> Hi,
>
> Myself and Christian Hammond did some work on this sometime late last
> year. I had to stop but Christian is intending to return to it sometime
> very soon. We have a specification, a server and a client library.
>
> It needs some more work done on it, but I'd recommend working with
> Christian if you are interested in this area.

Yeah, it's best not to have too many competing efforts when attempting
to standardize on something :)

I've been off doing other things, mostly Galago-related, but I'm
working on the various pieces like a puzzle for my master plan of
world domination^Wimprovement, and also for a demo I need to prepare
for at SVLUG in August. So, work is going to be done soon, and the
notification server is going to be changed a bit to show off what all
can be done with notifications from a UI-perspective, since there's a
lot of focus as of late from people on making the specification more
than it should be.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/