Idea: Cross-desktop notification daemon

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon May 16 15:22:38 EEST 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:26:15 +0200, Simon Ulsnes wrote:
> I'm developing a system using D-BUS, currently implemented in Mono,
> that will ideally be able to show little popup-notifications (for
> instance, someone logged on to IM, disk space is running low, updates
> are available, etc.).

Hi,

Myself and Christian Hammond did some work on this sometime late last
year. I had to stop but Christian is intending to return to it sometime
very soon. We have a specification, a server and a client library.

It needs some more work done on it, but I'd recommend working with
Christian if you are interested in this area.

thanks -mike