Remove Tango-artists mailinglist from FreeDesktop.org

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Mon Nov 7 15:28:32 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:06:27PM +0000, seventh guardian wrote:
> What I'm seeing here is people wanting to make Tango the freedesktop
> official theme, and I'm against that for many reasons.

There is currently no 'freedesktop official theme', and I can't imagine
a future in which there is.

> Freedesktop is
> taking a dangerous path: when everything is standard there's no
> individuality.

Apparently you have no idea how many different implementations of
everything (I can think of at least three projects to integrate
GTK and Qt at the mainloop level off the top of my head) fd.o tends
to host.  Sometimes, unfortunately, to the extent of being a little
too SF-ish.