Remove Tango-artists mailinglist from FreeDesktop.org

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Nov 8 01:34:15 PST 2005

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 08:14 schrieb Alexander Larsson:

Hi,

> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 09:13 +0100, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> > So trying to appeal to ISV's is doesn't make sense here.
>
> You have a very narrow-minded view of what an ISV is.

Alexander are you aware that your statement is insulting?

> Any hacker writing
> a piece of code and putting it on sourceforge is an ISV. I think most of
> these are not interested in promoting their own visual identity.

And why does this hacker require Tango as "the fdo standard"?

There is simply no need for this type of ISV either and Torsten is very
correct when stating that Tango is not appealing to this type of ISV.

In addition the naming standard is the much better guideline as it will not
break the ISV applications in case someone chooses another them or there is
an update etc.

Looking at themes.kde.org and other popular theme sites shows that there is a
significant demand in non Tango themes.

Regards,