Remove Tango-artists mailinglist from FreeDesktop.org

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Tue Nov 8 07:28:06 PST 2005

Martin Konold (martin.konold at erfrakon.de):

> Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 09:45 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
>
> > Sure, you can a) "hope its abstract" or c) "not care", but I'm sure at
> > least some ISVs are actually interested in doing better than that.
>
> How can you be sure?
>
> Can you come up with at least 10 ISVs which actually support your
> assumption?
>
> If not than it you cannot be sure but you are speculating.

  There was a Tango talk at the GNOME summit and I got the impression
that a motivation for the project was Firefox's icons, where they had a
hard time styling the UI icons for the Linux desktop.

  For Eclipse's application icon, my understanding was that since there
is no clear visual icon style for Linux, we used the same visual style
as the Windows icon for the Linux one.

  For tvtime I just made an icon that seemed generic, although the
result was pretty ugly.

  I can't imagine the problem being easier for any other "ISVs" trying
to write apps not specific to one desktop/distribution/...

  -Billy