Cluster Support on Desktops

Joe Baker joebaker at dcresearch.com
Tue Nov 29 11:25:04 PST 2005

I'm looking for a way to manage/integrate several Unix style systems
together to present ltsp (X windows thin client) users with a unified
desktop.

The KDE Desktop provides menus items which point to applications which
reside on different servers in the cluster.

Mime type handling needs to come from a shared, list of mime type handlers.

So one machine's tasks can center around running a web browser for
hundreds of users, while another machine focuses on providing office
suite services.

This central MIME direction would allow custom builds of applications to
be built and tested on separate (or virtual servers).

Can anyone point me to resources that come close to this functionality?

Thanks!
-Joe Baker