Atomicity for desktop configuration

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Tue Sep 27 13:22:35 EEST 2005

Hi there,

I'm going to reuse the proposal for IMAPs UNCHANGESINCE and MODIFIED
additions* to specify atomicity in my current draft/proposal for a
standardized desktop configuration specification**.

* ) http://pvanhoof.be/short/?s=condstore
**) http://pvanhoof.be/short/?s=desktopstandard

ps. Yes, I decided to start using a little PHP script that shortens my
URI's :-)

As suggested by Dave:

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 23:32 +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:

> I'd also add an optional timestamp value of the last known change,
> and if supplied, and "incorrect", reject the store. It's cheap
> atomicity, and basically gives you transactions without having to
> actually have transactions. Both ACAP and IMAP's CONDSTORE extension
> do this, it's a neat design.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be