Location of recently-used file

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:53:55 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 09:26 -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 10 August 2006 6:43, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> > On 8/10/06, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've already replied here:
> > >
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-August/msg00019.html
> >
> > Yeah, I saw.  It seems that the discussion should have been only here,
> > on xdg.  Sorry for creating two threads, but I was unaware of the new
> > specification, so I figured that Gtk had taken matters into its own
> > hands.
>
> fwiw, i don't know of any intentions to implement this within kde. i actually
> find this particular spec to be very unattractive.

May I know why you think it's "very unattractive"?

The storage was chosen, among other things, because KDE already uses
XBEL for storing its shortcuts.

>  i'm glad for the gtk+
> people that they have something they like, but i'm not sure this will ever
> see a life on the kde side of things.

Considering that the old recent-files spec was implemented only in GNOME
because KDE went their own way, this does not surprise me - albeit I
feel puzzled especially after the fact that the suggestion of using XBEL
came from KDE developers.  It's not like there's some insurmountable
technical reason for KDE not to consider using the same format GTK+
uses.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi at gmail.com