simple search api (was Re: mimetype standardisation by testsets)

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Sun Dec 3 03:31:15 EET 2006

Hi,

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> Just a quick idea,
>
> How about using JSON (www.json.org <http://www.json.org>) as to
> represent the query objects (instead of xml)?

I'm reluctant to do this because I'm not sure how comprehensive the
stacks are for C#.  The XML stacks we have -- the built in one in Mono,
or libxml2 for C -- are very mature parts of the platforms.

> It is light, easily readable, widespread, and there is possibility to
> write extremely fast parsers.

Maybe, but we should be focusing our efforts on building the search
software, not on hot-serialization-technology-of-the-day parsers.

Joe