Multiple DeskTops, HiColor theme, standardized icon names, &menu icons

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jul 6 02:04:49 EEST 2006

Rodney Dawes wrote:

> We're probably certainly talking about different things. Given that you
> already pointed out that kde stores data in ~/.kde/<something>, this new
> argument about .local and .config is irrelevant. The Icon Theme
> specification clearly defines ~/.icons as the home search path. This new
> proposal in no way affects that, nor does it need to alter the behavior
> for ~/.kde which is outside the scope of the specification anyway.

I find a slight issue here.  I have a: "$HOME/.icons" directory with one
icon in it.  However, I find the the: "xdg-icon install" command doesn't
install icons there.  If I execute:

xdg-icon install --theme hicolor --context mimetypes --size 48 --user

the icon is installed in:

	$HOME/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/

Is this correct??  Note that this looks reasonable to me.

I note that if it is correct that any KDE issue can be fixed with a link:

$HOME/.kde/share/icons -> $HOME/.local/share/icons

which I have already done on my system.

--
JRT