screensaver and power manager dbus interfaces

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jun 2 20:18:36 EEST 2006

Le vendredi 2 juin 2006 19:11, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> Umm, foo.bar.PowerManager shouldn't abstract the data from HAL, but
> allow session interaction with a power manager. I'm not sure why you
> would want to abstract all that extra info. Finding out if a computer is
> on AC power would be a valid abstraction (as it's not trivial to do in
> HAL due to UPS's etc), but not the capacity of a specific battery.

Maybe adding a general idea of the battery state (normal, warning, low,
critical) would be nice to have along the ac power state. I wouldn't give
something precise about a specific battery, more an overview of the power
source used by the system (system batteries + ups).

Just my 0.02€.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."