Multiple DeskTops, HiColor theme, standardized icon names, & menu icons

Steve Frécinaux nudrema at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:47:29 EEST 2006

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> But, I have to wonder, is this icon name going to be used by multiple
> DeskTops?  Won't all DeskTops with a menu have a Menu Editor app?  Will
> the same be true for Control Center and Theme Manager?

If they are well behaved, then they'll be named xfce-control-center,
kde-control-center and gnome-control-center. For the menu editor,
they'll do the same, or use a standardized menu-editor icon (since the
menu spec is shared across the desktop, both apps would have exactly the
same purpose it makes sense they use the same icon, like text editors do).