Icon theme 0.11

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 10:59:56 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:32 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> This paragraph:
>
> The lookup inside a theme is done in three phases. First all the
> directories are scanned for an exact match, e.g. one where the allowed
> size of the icon files match what was looked up. Then all the
> directories are scanned for any icon that matches the name. If that
> fails we finally fall back on unthemed icons. If we fail to find any
> icon at all it is up to the application to pick a good fallback, as the
> correct choice depends on the context.
>
> Doesn't quite make sense.
>
> This part is basically OK:
>
> The lookup inside a theme is done in *three* phases. First all the
> directories are scanned for an exact match, e.g. one where the allowed
> size of the icon files match what was looked up. Then all the
> directories are scanned for any icon that matches the name.
>
> except that it lists only _two_ phases that are done inside the icon theme.
>
> The rest of it seems to be on a different subject and therefore should
> not be in the same paragraph.

Its not really a different subject, its still talking about what to do
when looking up an icon name. Maybe instead the "inside a theme" part of
the first sentence could be cleaned up?

Did you have a proposal for a new paragraph text?

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's an old-fashioned coffee-fuelled dwarf trapped in a world he never made.
She's a beautiful hypochondriac snake charmer in the wrong place at the wrong
time. They fight crime!