Multiple DeskTops, HiColor theme, standardized icon names, & menu icons

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Jun 25 01:34:26 EEST 2006

Shaun McCance wrote:
> In another email, you mention third-party MIME
> icons.  That's another ballgame, because those
> do need to used outside of the application that
> provided them.  So we need to figure out a sane
> way for packages to install MIME icons, and we
> need them to be able to provide accessibility
> versions of those icons as well.

If apps provide actual (i.e. generic) HiColor icons (the Gnome theme is
also generic so it would be OK) they could simply be installed as
HiColor like OpenOffice currently does.

The only problem with that is, as I brought up in another posting, what
happens if more than one DeskTop installs the same HiColor MIME type
icons?  You need them all available as the same fallback theme, but you
don't want them overwriting each other on install either.

--
JRT