Multiple DeskTops, HiColor theme, standardized icon names, & menu icons

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu Jun 29 17:11:45 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 00:00 -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > I don't see KDE needing to do a bunch of work
>
> erm. i do. and i'm going to guess i'm a bit more familiar with the code base?

Well, my patch to implement this feature in GTK+ is a grand total of 4
lines of changes. The first of those is a single character change. The
next line is a new blank line, and the next 2 are the actual code.

Given that KDE basically already implements the feature, but simply does
so with a different sub-directory, I can't possibly see how it could be
a "bunch of work" for KDE. Also, please stop using the "bunch of work"
cop-out to fixing problems. Whether it's done now or later, it's going
to have to be fixed across all desktops. If you think it's a bunch of
work now, imagine how much work it's going to be when a lot of related
things change down the line, and it's still a problem. Saying "it's a
bunch of work and therefore we don't want to do it," is functionally
equivalent to saying "we don't care." You might as well just say "we
don't care to solve this problem."

-- dobey