storage location for common user directories

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 17:39:37 EET 2006

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-January/msg00273.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-October/msg00016.html

>> The conclusion was we would not hardcode the paths of the directories
>> because of language translations, whether to have them in $Home or
>> $Desktop, making them configurable so Documents could point to a shared
>> folder on a server etc
>
> I found that in OS X they have a function (FSFindFolder) which will return the
> translated name of the folder for display purposes.

yes but that inadequate for us cause we need to configure the paths
rather than hardcode them (which would cause endless arguments as I
stated above and int he links)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/