Autostart and MAC security

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sun Mar 26 22:31:23 EEST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:35:26 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Obviously if an app is installed as root via RPM or whatever then it's
> game over.

Oh, I should note that there's no fundamental reason RPMs must have root
privs anyway: autopackages can already install without root access and
it's easy to imagine an RPM only having full root access if it's been
signed by a trusted key (from the OS provider). So we can start evolving
Linux towards a truly secure desktop, as opposed to one that is secure
through obscurity ...

thanks -mike