Menu spec update (summary; closure?)

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Tue Mar 28 00:48:06 EEST 2006

I'd have to say that I sort of agree with you both here. While fixing it
so that things are consistent, and the menu spec is a Good Spec (TM), I
don't think it's appropriate to try and (ab)use the menu spec, for the
purposes of wanting to later get such a Desktop LSB spec written which
culminates the efforts of all the different fd.o specifications, and
potentially other specifications.

We should stop arguing about it, and just get the Desktop LSB
specification drafted and in motion. Arguing over whether something
should go into the menu spec because you believe it is a good spec,
and you think it should be a part of a larger specification later,
isn't going to get that specification written, or the menu spec even
included in it. We should just get it done, and make the menu spec a
part of it from the start. I see no reason to not get it started now.

It would solve the issues you keep bringing up in this thread, among
many others.

-- dobey