autostart spec updates/extensions

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Tue Oct 17 21:30:06 EEST 2006

>>Hi Waldo,
>>
>>Le mercredi 11 octobre 2006, à 11:21, Bastian, Waldo a écrit :
>>> Note that Gnome isn't complying very strictly with the FDO desktop file
>>> spec anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect.
>>
>>Do you have specific bugs we can work on? :-)
>
>I was about to mail you a test suite for it actually (still need to check a
>few things)
>
>It comes down to %%, %d and %n not being supported in Exec lines.

Ok, test case attached. Test case requires xdg-utils to be in your path. There is something funky going on in that the test only works half the time here on my fedora core 5. If you get "/tmp/exec-test.result: no such file" then you need to run it again. (Any insight in what is going wrong there would be appreciated)

Anyway, when you play with the Exec line and the test runs ok you will notice that %% is never expanded and that if there are multiple codes listed, e.g. both %d and %n then only the first one is expanded. Note that %d and %n are actually supported, contrary to my previous statement, as long as they are used stand alone.

Cheers,
Waldo