autostart spec updates/extensions

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Thu Oct 19 18:45:18 EEST 2006

Hi,

Le mardi 17 octobre 2006, à 11:30, Bastian, Waldo a écrit :
> >>Hi Waldo,

> >>Do you have specific bugs we can work on? :-)
> >
> >I was about to mail you a test suite for it actually (still need to check a
> >few things)
> >
> >It comes down to %%, %d and %n not being supported in Exec lines.
>
> Ok, test case attached. Test case requires xdg-utils to be in your path. There is something funky going on in that the test only works half the time here on my fedora core 5. If you get "/tmp/exec-test.result: no such file" then you need to run it again. (Any insight in what is going wrong there would be appreciated)
>
> Anyway, when you play with the Exec line and the test runs ok you will notice that %% is never expanded and that if there are multiple codes listed, e.g. both %d and %n then only the first one is expanded. Note that %d and %n are actually supported, contrary to my previous statement, as long as they are used stand alone.

I don't have xdg-utils right now. I just copied and pasted the desktop
file and the script. It works fine here, when launching it from nautilus
and when dropping a file from nautilus too. And %% is expanded too.

Testing with mime type failed, though. Looks like a bug in gnome-vfs.
I'll look at it.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.