mimetype standardisation by testsets

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 01:58:27 EET 2006

2006/10/30, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 29 October 2006 15:38, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > What do you think of this initiative?
>
> for those of us working higher up in the stack, it would be pretty nice to
> have standard output. as you note in your email, incomplete or overcomplete
> is fine (allows for innovation and various approaches), but what is provided
> really should be consistent. this will allow us working on file
> managers/browsers/dialogs/etc to stop worrying a bit about what's under the
> hood. in other words: huzzah!

To make it a bit more concrete (yes, you're probably not running
strigi svn) here's some code that generates the xml output using
kde3's metadata framework. I'm sure doing the same for other programs
is easy too. Then comes the hard task: making it all consistent.

(sorry for opening this can of worms ;-)

Cheers,
Jos