Icon Naming Spec

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 20:11:44 EEST 2006

Hello All,

My name is Diana, and I am currently heading the Echo icon set
effort...which has adopted the Tango naming scheme.  We've now created
several icons that do not currently exist in the Tango set and so the
creators try to name it as best we understand the naming scheme.  I've
been contacted a couple of times to change the names of some icons and
have gladly done so.
Please check out our gallery [1] and let us know of which needs to be
renamed and to what.
I'd also like for some direction for myself as well as other
contributors to follow for new icons we will be making in the future.
Should a new email be sent each time a new icon is made that has not
been named?
I am currently aware of:

drive-cdrom -> drive-optical
media-cdrom -> media-optical
media-dvd   -> drive-optical-dvd

drive-harddisk-1394 -> drive-harddisk-ieee1394

drive-removable-1394 -> drive-removable-media-ieee1394
drive-removable-usb  -> drive-removable-media-usb

Thanks,
Diana

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment