PATCH: Menu Spec - Categories

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Fri Sep 8 23:30:19 EEST 2006

The problem is that in the current state of affairs, just including
ScreenSaver will have it show up properly in Gnome, but not in KDE. My
intention is not to forbid things, but to describe what must be done so
that things will work properly. One option is to make ScreenSaver a main
category with a note that recommends the inclusion of
"X-KDE-ScreenSaver" as well, KDE must of course be willing to (continue
to) support that in KDE4 then.

Waldo Bastian

Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology

Channel Platform Solutions Group

Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/opensource
<http://www.intel.com/opensourcego/linux>

OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman