PATCH: Menu Spec - Categories

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 9 01:10:49 EEST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 15:50, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> >not with the apps. instead we can support this much like we did with
> >kicker:
> >through menu add ons.
>
> Just to make sure I understand you correctly: applications with a
> "Settings" category will then show up in a separate menu and not in the
> main application menu but they will still show up?

that's how it works already, actually. currently one can enable it in the
applications menu with the right menu file but it's more often done with the
preferences menu extensions.

with the new menu work being done for kde4 this will likely appear as a
different section/tab

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness